Home » How to organize your hard drive – For Filmmakers g technology armoratd

How to organize your hard drive – For Filmmakers g technology armoratd

Pick Up A New Hard Drive in our Shop Your Boy Niles walks you through exactly how he organizes his footage after a shoot. This helpful video will keep you organized and always make sure your footage is always where it should be. Get notified when Willem’s lesson drops Hit that SUBSCRIBE button All Of The Moment Links and Goodies Shop Our Store Moment Pro Camera App iPhone Moment RTRO App Learn new skills with a Moment Lesson exploding head We Get Our Music Here FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL Youtube: Twitter: Instagram: Facebook: .

Images related to the topic g technology armoratd

How to organize your hard drive - For Filmmakers

How to organize your hard drive – For Filmmakers

Search related to the topic How to organize your hard drive – For Filmmakers

#organize #hard #drive #Filmmakers
How to organize your hard drive – For Filmmakers
g technology armoratd

Moment 29/01/2022 - 3:26 Chiều

How do you currently organize all your yummy footage?

Quint Hunnicutt 29/01/2022 - 3:26 Chiều

BlackAndBrilliant 29/01/2022 - 3:26 Chiều

Adrian Ruiz 29/01/2022 - 3:26 Chiều

the chair random comment got you a like. haha

St. Vnthony Productions 29/01/2022 - 3:26 Chiều

Why spend money on a 3rd party software when most editing software give you an XML…. you guys got a relashe w them huh?

Maga Natalia 29/01/2022 - 3:26 Chiều

Hi! I'm a bit confused when it comes to the LIVEWORKS folder. In the video you say that you store all your collection of extra bits like Music, Soundeffects etc. in this folder and it sounded like its stuff you often reference for different projects as well. So do you move these parts from project to project or do you add those same bits to every project regardless?

Daniel Rose 29/01/2022 - 3:26 Chiều

Jolly good.

Amelia Heldt 29/01/2022 - 3:26 Chiều

This was EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thnaks!

Zariq Haiqal 29/01/2022 - 3:26 Chiều

Need that desktop background on the laptop 🔥

Black Hills Films 29/01/2022 - 3:26 Chiều

Love the idea of a sfx bed. Do you have a resource of a generic sfx bed we could see and find clips that work for us? Cheers!

Rich B 29/01/2022 - 3:26 Chiều

what if the hard drive breaks though 😳

Drew B Darby 29/01/2022 - 3:26 Chiều

SSD master race for sure. Only use an external rotating drive for backups now.

Datman 29/01/2022 - 3:26 Chiều

Just curious, did yall send the emails to everyone who applied for the grant? I never received a response?

Also, thanks for posting the exact video I need. I’m literally setting up my new hard drive today

Sumon T 29/01/2022 - 3:26 Chiều

Great 👍

Sonny 29/01/2022 - 3:26 Chiều

Additional Tipps and some Changes to your Tipps:
1. Write Dates like this YYMMDD not with points in between. Certain programms and operating systems don‘t support points in the name.
2. Don‘t use blanks in folder or file namings. Use underscore. Again, some programms don‘t like this.
3. Don‘t use # or other special signs, rather use higher numbers or X‘s.
4. Use Numbers at the start of folders: 01_RAW, 03_SFX and so on for example. It will always keep everything organized in the right way
5. I name my Liveworks folder Assets. Since I‘ve cut a few Live events we usualy had Liverecording and Liveedit folders and that alone was kinda annoying when u where in a rush.
6. I have the Project folder next to Raw and Asset and not inside one of them. Makes it easier for other people to find.
7. Use whatever structure suits u best unless ur structure is to pile everything up… please don‘t 😀

Parkour Mindoro 29/01/2022 - 3:26 Chiều

Solid!💖💖

Parkour Mindoro 29/01/2022 - 3:26 Chiều

Nice nice, i love it, so amazing editing and shooting, keep it up, i love you all

Aaron Weiler 29/01/2022 - 3:26 Chiều

Great tips! An organized folder structure is the only way to work. Also, FCP X can create keyword subfolders of your organized folder structures as well, when you import the media. When/where do you back-up that ext drive, to cover yourself when that drive is lost, dropped, stolen, or crashes (as they all eventually do)? While traveling, I'll use the ChronoSync app to keep exact smart clones of my drive to another ext drive (or two) as a safety net, as well as Dropbox for the project files (if enough bandwidth while traveling). At home, I'll use ChronoSync again to make a smart clone duplicate of the project to my RAID 6 that protects me for up to 2 hard drive failures. Lots of back-ups, I know, but when you've lost work for a client or personal project, you'll be glad you made the effort. Cheers!!

Resitha Kandjavera 29/01/2022 - 3:26 Chiều

Can't wait for you guys to make a rugged camera bag 3l

limesandstripes 29/01/2022 - 3:26 Chiều

Once you have your base folder structure setup whatever it may be I’d highly recommend trying out the “Post Haste” app to automate your folder structure creation. Saves a lot of time and keeps things consistent. It will change your life. I also use “Beyond Compare” to carbon copy the project files between hard drives as a backup.