Home » The Antique Microwave Oven that's Better than Yours technology connections

The Antique Microwave Oven that's Better than Yours technology connections

Seriously. How is this so old and yet so advanced? We need kitchen appliance reform. Vote YES on prop SRCT. The second channel video is here now! Technology Connections on Twitter: The TC Subreddit This channel is supported through viewer contribution on Patreon. Thanks to the generous support of people like you, Technology Connections has remained independent and possible. It’s how I can make fun of products like these! If you’d like to join the amazing people who’ve pledged their support, check out the link below. Thank you for your consideration! And a big heartfelt thanks to the following Patrons! Yaniv , Francis Fisher, The War Academy, ConorOfDublin, Jay , Dave Anderson, Eric Hansen, Dane Peterson, Jeremy Kitchen, Audin Malmin, Adam D. Ruppe, Matthew Giraitis, Kevin Landrigan, Carl Yazbek, Nolan Johnson, Hunter Schwisow, Matt Falcon , Paul Williams, Brent LaRowe, Lurker239 , Felix Freiberger, James Ryan, Lukas Komischke, rozboris , Jason Nevins, Jeffrey , BlancoGrande , Stephen Pick, Technicalleigh , Adam Coddington, Steven Metcalf, Justin Talbot, Christopher Jett, SovietBear , Mike Mason, Techmoan , Kotanu, Christopher Luna, Brian G. Shacklett, Chris Hartl, Andre N, Matthew Baron, Mark Critchley, Andres Plaza, Charlie Hankin, Casey Kikendall, Sebi Jecklin, Warmo , The8TrackKid , Michael Snowden, Julian Rapoport, Christopher Bassett, Ryan Cozzubbo , Marcus Schwartz, Matt Taylor, Richard Lindsey, Peek , blouerat , Robert Toth, Marc Ethier, Thijs Dortmann, Brady Brown, Stein Strindhaug, foophoof , Ernie Smith, Christopher Dickey, Andrey Tarantsov, Jeff M, Mitchel J. Mullin II, Mat thew Razza, Trix Farrar, Marco Anastasi, Howard Kraut, Mike Bailey, Matthias Dienelt, Yona , Fredrik Grufman, neko , Grayson Lang, Paul Virdone, Jeffery Grajkowski, Stefan Berndtsson, Michael Sims, Christopher Leidich, Sean Reigle, Mike Friedman, André Waage Sørensen, Chris LeChien, fussel , Luc Ritchie, Eric Romero, Ryan Hardy, Ewen McNeill, Henrik Ripa, Shane Zamora, Alex Ilyin, Yorick Terweijden, Andrew “FastLizard4” Adams, Avi Drissman, Phil Taprogge, Pieter van der Eems, Reto Jost, Vince Terranova, Andrew Montagne, David Scott, Brandon Enright, James Fialho, Christian Torelli, toasterking , Jason Boyles, Nick Pollard, Manalope , Andy S, Robert , Johan Greefkes, Jacob Dixon, Rob Kefford, Benjamin A., Nathaniel , EASY TARGET, Colin , MrHammond , Aaron Rennow, Countzero , Kodapan , Eli Krumholz, Guillaume Tremblay-Beaumont, Sha Nasti, Laria , Stephen Hinton, thegeoffreak , Jib Systems, Andrew Rosenwinkel, Grazer , Steve , Bob B, Mike Noe, Scott Rowland, Kralik, Your name, Felix Winkeln kemper, BoostCookie , 98abaile , Owen O Byrne, Sebastian Sparrer, Matt Mullett, Andrew Bade, Paul Moffat, Max , Ryan Benson, Vincent Beelte, Johnni Winther, Mark Hesse, Nathan Blubaugh, lululombard , Armando Fox, Nelson , William Evans, VilleS , Anton Afanasev, Kilrah , Ray , Liam O’Flynn, Petter Feltenstedt, Gideon Ritter, Oliver Lee, Lennart Sorensen, basram, Viorel , Reaghan Kekeis, lohphat , Vivian Pypher, Brandon Whiting, Robin Johnsen, Phia Westfall, Tom Ryolfe Hastings, Mark Wayt, Arthur Robillard, Ramon Gamez, Garrett Rabenold, Vaughn B., Breunie Ploeg, Benjamin Cirker, Julien Oster, Jake Hickman, Trae Palmer, Lennart Rosam, Chris Wallace, Matt Shea, Jason Baker, Galimaufry, Michael Holmes, Kevin Hollywood, Trey Harris, Peter Pfundstein, Alan B., Mat Stu, Thomas Kolanus, Daniel Johnson, Potch , Reemt Rühmkorf, Robin Rattay, Bruce Justyn, Rae McIntosh, Justin D, Adam Zawisza, LordJakson , Triancia, Joshua Moncrieff, Microfrost , Mitchell Schenk, Juan Olivares, Mike Bird, Michael Shaffer, Brodeur , Sputnik , Jason Spriggs, Gregory Kumpula, Zach Turner, Tom Burns, Daniel Pf, Yung Kim, John W Campbell, Matthew Jones, Slappy826 , Robert Howcroft, Some Random, Vince Batchelor, Peter Sarossy, Tracy Cogsdill, Matt Allaire, Guy , Will Hayworth, Benjamin Gott, Zach Le, Sean Fyles-Duggan, Fredrik strem, Anil Dash, Simon Safar, Michael Wileczka, William Matthews, Fred Leckie, Kenneth Morenz, Andy , Adam Merolli, TritonZ , Greg Stearns, Robert L LaBelle, Chris Satterfield (Compgeke), Jerrod Putman, Cameron Benton, Samuli Suomi, Keith McCready, Jeffrey Glover, Marcus Langendorff, Hsin-Kuei Chen, David Anez, Josiah Keller, Todd Eichel, Conall Maitiú, Struan Clark, Keeb , Alexander Karlsson, Tarrien , Jason Viterna, DrMoebyus , Chris Larsen, JH , Michael Romero, Aram Hăvărneanu, Jonathon Mah, Marc Versailles, Arthur Zalevsky, John Fruetel, Cupcake

Images related to the topic technology connections

The Antique Microwave Oven that's Better than Yours

The Antique Microwave Oven that's Better than Yours

Search related to the topic The Antique Microwave Oven that's Better than Yours

#Antique #Microwave #Oven #that39s
The Antique Microwave Oven that's Better than Yours
technology connections

Technology Connections 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

I, for one, look forward to the litany of opinions on which of these "should never be cooked in a microwave."

Hmmm_Hmmm 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

WARNING: do NOT take apart a microwave. you can DIE doing it

Lucid Lu 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

My microwave (24) is actually older than me (18) and substantially better at heating up food.

MiniDevilDF 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

"looks like there's an update for my light bulbs" omfg I feel this in my soul. I have some of the LIFX bulbs and the updated app was so bad that it completely crippled my phone's ability to control the bulbs, or re-pair them in the event of a bulb needing to be reset. I actually had to go and grab an old .apk and disable auto updates to resolve the issue. Ironically enough, it's been over a year now with updates disabled, and everything is still running just fine.

Jason Gooden 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

ive never used the popcorn button, i put it in for 2 mins 21 secs

spacefolder 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

“Stainless Steel & Black may be cold, but it’ll be nice and cold forever.” Brilliant!

Cameron 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

LET'S START A PETITION TO BRING BACK THIS MICROWAVE! Seriously, I bet if you started that petition, and made a video about it, you could get sharp to reintroduce this microwave.

Century22 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

Popcorn timer. Otherwise know as fire starters. The NEW ones still do that. The fire department came to where I work after several NEW microwave ovens were installed. One caught fire.

T0biasCZe 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

11:05 Isnt it reflective screen without backlight, like in gameboys, so it is as bright as bright the light in the room is?

Golden Retriever 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

My parents bought a Panasonic microwave in the early '80s and it lasted for 30+ years.

firedrake rudy 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

That microwave is playing with a game boy while the rest of us have glorified alarm clocks

MarloPainter 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

8:30 – "For those of you that hate fun.."

I worked at Radio Shack in the late 90s… I had a customer return a DVD player due to the screen saying 'Hello' in text when it was powered on. That customer did not like fun. 😀

Tungo Yum 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

Wheredo you keep all this stuff?

Hmmm_Hmmm 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

12:57
me: ==expecting bloopers==
alic: "hi there"
me: "wait i don't recall that line being in the video"

Cello Boy VR 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

I can’t believe that they made a microwave smarter than me

TechnobeatTV 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

I don't know why, but I want to buy that microwave, I wonder if it's still anything out there

Chris Myres 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

Im not sure what model sharp carousel microwave I have but saved mine from a dumpster and its been the best microwave I've ever owned mine doesn't have the fancy display of yours but it defrosts meat perfectly every time it is a powerful efficient user-friendly microwave

Keenan Cottone 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

Microwaves could be so much better so easily. All you need is an internal camera connected to the internet with AI software that looks up exactly what you're cooking, then it determines how long to cook it based on a could database (which could be updated according to AI). Add weight, heat, and steam sensors and it's even better. We're living in the fucking stone age here people.

booobtooober 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

I would love to have a microwave with nothing more than 2 buttons, start and stop_clear.
The start button could add 30 sec with a quick press, and and count off with long press.
I love my Panasonic for its power (1250w) and even cooking. But it has 27 poorly laid out buttons surrounding the number pad. Some of these, particularly the clock set button get accidentally and infuriatingly pressed while trying start the machine, especially at night as I'm trying to avoid turning on the bright lights.

Quin Trapnell 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

It lets you turn off the sound?! This is peak technology.

killerweasel 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

It truly amazes me how many people don't realize that the litany of recipes and options for microwave food is for people that don't have/can't afford other cooking appliances. It's the option to cook anything, even if all you have is a microwave. They used to be advertised as a replacement for your stove or oven, then later as a hot plate replacement. All of these options are based on the microwave being your sole cooking device.

timothylegg 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

I can't help but wonder if the song is onomatopoetic for the Japanese word for the food or action.

Alexander Olson 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

All appliances have been going downhill for at least 20 years. Source: I work in appliance repair.

Friedrich Von Eichel 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

Lol I just bought a low profile microwave

Człowiek Drzewo 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

You can even turn the sound off? Amazing!

Cheap&Cheerful 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

Microwaves are under appreciated. We've had our sharp for 12 years, door level has broken a little, but otherwise it's working as new.

Flip T 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

Your videos almost ALWAYS make me laugh. Don't ask me how but you actually give me hope for humanity.

SonOdnogoKota 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

Wow! Just few weeks ago I was scouring the Internet to find a microwave which can turn off the beep and I was thinking the same question! Why so obsolete?!! It’s Samsungs by the way. Only Samsungs can mute sounds but download the manual before buying to make sure.

Maxwell Woodhouse 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

Ok I read the first like few hundred comments and nobody mentioned the fact that there is no such thing as an “ antique “ microwave. The one in this video is vintage . Antique = 100 years old , Vintage is 30 years and older. I’m assuming that they didn’t have any microwaves in 1922😗

Jake Siemiarowski 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

My old microwave had a “favorite choice” option.
I still have no idea what it meant. never used it because maybe either it doesn’t know what i want to cook, or perhaps I thought microwaving rolled oats was my favorite when it was actually reheating soup.

Justin Thomas 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

setting the clock to 4:20 was a nice attention to detail

HellsChicken 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

I have a microwave with a humidity sensor, and the problem with using it is that it makes a mess. Since microwaves don't cook evenly, it is pretty common for some foods to pop and splatter before they are actually finished cooking. For this reason, we always use a plastic cover over the dish, which is much easier to clean – but it also interferes with the humidity sensor. While it does have holes to let steam out, it's not let out into the air at the same rate as an uncovered dish would be.

Mütheimムツ広 März 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

OH SHOOT!!!! my toilet didnt flush !! i forgot to update its firmware !!
i never knew that's there are a microwave that have more than 4 alphabet display.
i like it display, it's better that T-1234 REHT-1234, POPC-1234, ERR 123.

burtonfzz 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

Damn, I want this microwave!

Dragon Butt 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

>Salads
Why on earth does this microwave have a salad setting

Jacob 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

I HATE over the stove microwaves. I hate super compact kitchens. I don’t want my oven, stove, and microwave to all be in the same place. Plus, it’s just so high up. I mean, I’m pretty tall so it’s not an issue to reach for cooking, but cleaning is a pain in the ass. I like my parents’ kitchen where the stove is integrated into the counter and the oven and microwave are off to the side in the wall

Bad@Deciding 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

Yeah for real, what was with the teal, pink, and purple colors everywhere, usually in squiggles?

LordO’Pemcil 11/02/2022 - 3:43 Chiều

I find that Play-Dough goes very well with some warm “blue jiggles”